Explore Outdoors! Education Coordinator
Hancock County Explore Outdoors! Program
Applications due by July 15, 2019
A program of Downeast Audubon and Great Pond Mountain Conservation Trust
Explore Outdoors! (E/O) provides nature-based education to the communities of Hancock County, Maine, promoting stewardship of environmental resources and making connections with the natural world. This half-time position will manage and grow programs primarily for youth in the greater Bucksport and Ellsworth areas. Office at GPMCT’s headquarters in Bucksport.
- Working with teachers and administrators to meet environmental, science, and educational standards through outdoor programming
- Delivering environmental education programs to schools and other youth organizations
- Providing resources, from curriculum kits and other available local and state programming
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to deliver programs
- Facilitating educator and volunteer training sessions
- Organizing, planning and advertising outdoor family events
- Demonstrated outdoor education, communication, and task management capabilities
- Experience teaching in a variety of situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, create and work in partnerships
- Natural science background, especially ornithology and natural resource management
- Outdoor/wilderness leadership skills
- Must meet school requirements for background check and volunteer training
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid or willingness to obtain
Compensation: Starting salary for this half-time position is $16,500 plus healthcare stipend
- Download full job description here
- About GPMCT or DEA, see www.greatpondtrust.org or www.downeastaudubon.org.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com, with “Education Coordinator” as the subject by July 15, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer